Pasteurization Process Energy Optimization For A Milk Dairy Plant By Energy Audit Approach
Modi. A., Prajapat R.
Keywords: Pasteurization Process, Heat exchanger, Energy Optimization, Energy audit.
Abstract: The competition and quality aspect limited the profitability of the milk dairy plant. The milk dairy processes are fast growing business but high energy cost is a serious problem. In the current scenario to understand the problems related to high energy consumption of the milk processing and to suggest methods for their active reduction with the help of different approaches needed proper management of the all processes used in the plant. Major emphasis of the paper is to utilize the waste heat of the process which otherwise goes to the atmosphere and to control the pollution depending upon regulatory context. The major considerations are the product type and resource cost. By help of energy audit technique a most economical method is suggested for preservation of milk, with the lowest possible investment and energy expenditure and minimum performance variation.
1. S. Dutta“Traditional Indian Functional Foods”, International Conference on Processed Foods and Beverages for Health: Beyond Basic Nutrition (2011), India.
2. IDF Factsheet – “The Economic Importance of Dairying” (2013).
3. B. Gosta“Dairy processing handbook” Tetra Pak Processing Systems ABS-221 86 Lund (1995), Sweden.
4. Bob Cropp &Truman Graf” “The History and Role of Dairy Cooperative” (2001).
5. Indore Sahkari Dugdh Sangh talawali chanda mangliya, process Department.
6. Mrs.Nisha V.Vader and Mrs.R.U.Patil “Energy Conservation In Electrical System” Agnel Polytechnic, Vashi in association with IIE ZENITH (2009).
7. Mrs. A. Gehani “The Future of Energy Management” cognizant 20-20 insights (2012).
8. RON MARSHALL, ENERGY-SAVINGS AT MILK, CHEESE,AND ICE CREAM PLANTS “BEST PRACTICESCOMPRESSED AIR”(2011).
9. Mr.U. S. Prasad,and Mr. S. Ghodke “ENERGY MANAGEMENT IN MILK PROCESSING PLANT” “I.R.J. Humanities, Engineering & Pharmaceutical Sciences”(2013).
10. Malkiat Singh, Gurpreet Singh, Harmandeep Singh (2012) “ENERGY AUDIT: A CASE STUDY TO REDUCE LIGHTING COST” Asian Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology” (2012).
11. S. ratnakarmane “ENERGY MANAGEMENT IN A DAIRY INDUSTRY” Proceedings of IRAJ International Conference (2013).
12. T. N. Anderson and M. Duke “Solar Energy Use for Energy Savings in Dairy Processing plant” IPENZ engineering treNz (2008), ISSN 1177-0422.
13. Sathit Niamsuwan, Paisan Kittisupakorn and Iqbal M. Mujtab “ Minimization of water and chemical usage in the cleaning in place process of a milk pasteurization plant” SJST Songklanakarin J. Sci. Technol.(2011) vol.33 (4), 431-440.
14. S. Ghodke , S. Yadav , U. S. Prasad “Utilization of Heat by Using CHP (Combined Heat and Power) System along with Plate Type Heat Exchanger in Milk Processing Plant” International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(2003), Vol.01, Issue 03, pp. 31- 36.
15. Bharati S. Shete and N. P. Shinkar “Dairy Industry Wastewater Sources, Characteristics & its Effects on Environment” International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology (2013).
16. Sathit Niamsuwan, Paisan Kittisupakorn and Iqbal Mohammed Mujtaba “Optimization Approach to Minimize Energy Consumption in Pasteurized Milk Process” International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Process (2011).
17. Dr. Rakesh S. Patil and Prof. Ravindra B. Gawali “Improving the Performance of Dairy Plant Operations Using Loss Control Programme” (2009).
18. B. N. Mathur “Current Problems and Challenges Confronting the Dairy Industry in India” Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci.(2000) vol. 13 Supplement A: 447-452.
19. M. Janzekovic , B. Mursec , P. Vindis , F. Cus“Energy saving in milk processing”Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering(2009) vol.33/2 , pp-197-203.
20. Bharati S. Shete and N. P. Shinkar “Dairy Industry Wastewater Sources, Characteristics & its Effects on Environment” International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (2013), Vol.01, Issue 03, pp. 31- 36.
21. H.O. Monroy, M. Vazquezz, J.C. Derramadero and J.P. Guyot, “Anerobic-aerobic treatment of Dairy waste water with national technology in Maxico: the case of “El Sanz”, 3rd international symposium on waste management problems in Agro-industries (1995), Mexico city.
25. Indore Sahkari Dugdh Sangh talawali chanda mangliya, process Department.