IJSTR

International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research

IJSTR@Facebook IJSTR@Twitter IJSTR@Linkedin
Home About Us Scope Editorial Board Blog/Latest News Contact Us
CALL FOR PAPERS
AUTHORS
DOWNLOADS
CONTACT
QR CODE
IJSTR-QR Code

IJSTR >> Volume 2- Issue 9, September 2013 Edition



International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research  
International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research

Website: http://www.ijstr.org

ISSN 2277-8616



Tannin Extract Of Guava Leaves (Psidium Guajava L) Variation With Concentration Organic Solvents

[Full Text]

 

AUTHOR(S)

Meigy Nelce Mailoa, Meta Mahendradatta, Amran Laga, Natsir Djide

 

KEYWORDS

Index Terms: Tannin, Guava Leaves,Organic Solvents

 

ABSTRACT

Abstract: Research has been conducted to determine the levels of tannins in leaves of guava (Psidium guajava L) using a variation of the concentration of organic solvent. The method used for qualitative analysis with the tannins are formed by the intensity of the color is blackish green FeCl3 compounds. While the principle of quantitative determination of tannins is tanat acid standard curve at a wavelength of 724,5 nm. In the quantitative analysis of tannins used variations of organic solvent (ethanol and acetone with a concentration of 30%, 50%, 70%). Levels of tannins in the sample solution was calculated with Tannates Acid Equivalent (EAT). The results showed levels of tannins in leaves of guava with 30% ethanol, which is 3.228 mg/g, 50% is 2.970 mg/g, 70% is 2,333 mg/g. While the levels of tannins in guava leaves with 30% acetone solvent which is 2,781 mg/g, 50%: 2,738 mg/g, 70%: 2,405 mg/g.

 

REFERENCES

[1]. Stepp JR and Moerman DE 2001; the importance of weeds in ethnopharmacology journal of ethnopharmacology 75 : 19-23

[2]. Liu, Z., S.B. Carpenter, W.J. Bourgeois, Y. Yu, R.J.Constantin, M.J. Falcon, and J.C. Adam. 1998. Variation in the secondary metabolite camptothecin inrelation to tissue age and season in Camptotheca acuminata. Tree Physiology 18: 265-270.

[3]. Cragg, G.M. 1997. Natural products in drug discovery and development. Journal of Natural Product 60: 52-60.

[4]. Harvey D. 2000. Modern Analytical Chemistry. New York: McGraw-Hill Comp.

[5]. Raskin, I., D.M. Ribnicky, S. Komamytsky, N. Ilic, A. Poulev, N. Borisjuk, A. Brinker, D.A. Moreno, C. Ripoll, N. Yakoby, J.M. O’Neal, T. Cornwell, I. Pastor, and B. Fridlender. 2002. Plants and human health in the twenty-first century. Trends in Biotechnology 20 (12):522-531.

[6]. Edwards, R and J.A. Gatehouse. 1999. Secondary metabolism. In Lea, P.J. and R.C. Leegood (ed.). Plant Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.). 2nd edition. New York: John Wiley and Sons Ltd.

[7]. Smith PM. 1976. The Chemotaxonomy of Plants. London: Edward Arnold.

[8]. Harborne. 1987. Metode Fitokimia. Penuntun Cara Modern Menganalisis Tumbuhan. Padmawinata K, Soediro E, Penerjemah; Bandung: ITB Pr. Terjemahan dari: Phytochemical methods.

[9]. Hagerman AE et al.1998. High molecular weight plant polyphenolics (tannins) as biological antioxidants. J Agric Food Chem 46: 1887-1892.

[10]. Badan POM, 2004, Monografi Ekstrak Tumbuhan Obat Indonesia, Volume 1, Jakarta: Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan Republik Indonesia.

[11]. Makkar, H.P.S dan Becker, K. 1998. Do Tannins In Leaves Of Trees And Shrubs From African And Himalayan Regions Differ In Level And Acactivity? Argoforestry systems. Hal 59-68

[12]. Haslam, E. 1996. Natural Polyphenol (Vegetable Tannins) As Drugs And Medicines: Possible Modes Of Action. Journal of natural product. Hal 205-215

[13]. Gaedcke, F., Steinhoff, B. and Blasius, H., 2003, Herbal Medicinal Products: Scientific and Regulatory Basis for Development, Quality Assurance and Marketing Authorisation, Stuttgart: Medpharm Scientific Publisher

[14]. Sudarmadji, Slamet. 1989. Analisa Bahan Makanan dan Pertanian. Yogyakarta: Liberti.

[15]. Cheong, W.J., et.al. 2005. Determination Of Catechin Compounds In Korea Green Tea Influsions Under Various Extraction Conditions By High Performance Liquid Chromatography. department of chemistry ang institute of basic research, inha university, bull. Korea chem.sec.2005.vol.26, no.5

[16]. Rita, Y.2006. Kandungan Tanin dan Potensi Anti Streptococcus Mutans Daun The Varietas Assamica pada Berbagai Tahap Pengolahan. Skripsi. Institut Pertanian Bogor, Bogor. Juni 2006

[17]. Khadambi, T. N. 2007.Extraction of Phenolic Compounds and Quantification of The Total Phenol and Condensed Tannin Content of Bran Fraction of Condensed Tannin and Condensed Tannin Free Sorghum Varieties. University of Pretoria etd, Pretoria..

[18]. Markom, M., Hasan, M., Daud, W.R.W., Singh, H.,and Jaim, J.M., (2007), Extraction of hydrolysable tannins from Phyllanthus niruri Linn:Effects of solvents and extraction methods, Separation and Purification Technology, 52, pp. 487-496.