Electrodeposition Of Zinc Selenide Films On Different Substrates And Its Characterization
C.I. Nweze, A. J. Ekpunobi
Keywords:, Cubic Structure, Grain Sizes, ITO, XRD, Wurzite Structure
Abstract: Zinc Selenide (ZnSe) thin films have been successfully deposited on two different substrates using electrodeposition method at different time intervals under direct voltage of 3V. XRD pattern of the films deposited on metallic zinc substrates are indexed to cubic crystal structure at all deposition times. The dominant orientation lies on (111) plane of reflection and also more planes of reflection are formed at high deposition time which shows that polycrystalline films were deposited. XRD pattern of the films deposited on the conducting glass (Indium doped Tin Oxide (ITO)) are indexed to wurzite (hexagonal) crystal structure. Investigation reveals that both the film thickness and the grain size of the deposited ZnSe thin films increase with the deposition time for the films deposited on the two substrates. Electrical analysis of the deposited ZnSe thin films showed that the films deposited on the metallic Zinc substrate has lower electrical resistivity than the films deposited on the ITO and the resistivity increases with the increase in the thickness of the deposited films.
1. Yang J., Wang G., Liu H., Park J., and Chen X. (2009). Mater. Chem. Phys. 115, 204-208.
2. Zawani E.L. and Shabani E.L. (2004). J. Solids. 27, 223-232.
3. Jana S., Baek I.C., Lim M.A., and Seoki S.I. (2008). J. Colloid interface Sci. 322, 437 – 477.
4. Cheng C.L. and Chen Y.F. (2009). Chem. Physics. 115, 158-160.
5. Jiang C, Zhang W., Zou G., Yu W., and Qian Y. (2005). Nanotechnol. 16, 551-554.
6. Monajjemi M. Khaleghian M., Tadayonpour M., and Mollaamin F. (2010). Int. J. Nanosci. 9, 517-529.
7. Gurrappa I and Binder L. (2008). A review, Sci. Technol. Adv. Mater. 9, 1-11.
8. Desphande V.V., Chandra B., Caldwell R., Novikov D.S., Hone J., and Bockrath M. (2008). Science 323, 106 – 110.
9. El-Sherik A. M, Erb U, Palumbo G and Aust K T (1992). Scr. Metall. Mater. 27, 1185– 1192.
10. Cheung C, Palumbo G and Erb U 1994 Scr. Metall. Mater. 32, 735– 741.
11. Wong L, Ostrander D, Erb U, Palumbo G and Aust K T 1994 Nanophases and Nanocrystalline Structures ed R D Shull and J M Sanchez (Warrendale, PA: TMS) p 85
12. Erb U, Palumbo G, Zugic R and Aust K T (1996). Proceedings and Properties of Nanocrystalline Materials ed C Suryanarayana, J Singh and F H Froes (Warrendale, PA: TMS) p 9
13. Anuar K., Tan W.T., Dzulkefly K.A., Jelas H., Ho S.M., Shanthi M. and Sarvanan N. (2010). Journal. Kimia. 4, 1 – 6
14. Ezenwa I.A, Okereke N.A. and Umeokwonna N.S. (2010). Journal of Basic Physical Research 1, 9 – 12.
15. Okereke N.A. and Ekpunobi A.J. (2011). Journal of Non-oxide glasses. 3, 31-36.
16. Molloamin F., Gharibe S., and Monajjemi M. (2011). International Journal of the Physical science. 6, 1496-15500.